The new year is a perfect time to think about your health and the Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve 2013 Winter Wellness Series is a great way to start. This free program features healthy cooking demos, free aerobics classes, bike rides, and more!
Hike/Bike for the Health of it!
Sundays at 8:00AM
Get moving and see the Nature Preserve by trail and PATH. Hikes are moderate, 2-5 miles. Meet at the Nature Center with your own water bottle.
- January 27th — Hike with Ranger Robby
- February 10th — Hike with Ranger Robby
- March 17th—Hike & Bike with Ranger Robby. Participants are required to bring their own bike. Please register with rlastrove(at)dekalbcountyga.gov
- March 29th—Hiking stick workshop & Hike. Tools and sticks provided to make your own hiking stick.
Exercise and Aerobics!
2nd Saturdays, 8:30-10:00AM & Noon-1:30PM
Join Fitness Instructor DeQuanda Sanders for dynamic cardio and aerobic workouts in the Nature Center or by trail. Please bring a water bottle and a mat. Meet in the Nature Center classroom.
- January 12th
- February 9th
- March 9th
Healthy Cooking Demos!
2nd Saturdays, 10:30AM—Noon
Celebrate the joys of cooking with chef and health educator Deborah Summerville of Wonderland Gardens featuring seasonal dishes and healthy comfort foods perfect for winter. Meet at the Nature Center.
- February 9th — Winter soup stock
- March 9th — Lean, mean, and greens!
Real Talk, Real Food, Real Spirit Forum Series!
2nd Saturdays, 1:30-3:30PM
Participate in lively and enlightening discussions about wellness, nourishing foods, and spirituality. Gather at the fireplace in the Nature Center.
- January 12th – Life Purpose and Nature. Facilitated by Tyrone Burkett, Preserve Volunteer.
- February 9th —Why Raw Food? Facilitated by Deborah Summerville of Wonderland Gardens.
- March 9th – Is Healthy Soul Food Possible? Facilitated by Deborah Summerville.