Almost Done! Join the Junior Ranger Scavenger Hunt Today
The Junior Ranger scavenger hunt wraps up on Sunday, May 2nd – but there’s still time to start and finish. Arabia Alliance staff will be in the office at 3350 Klondike Road from 10-3 on Saturday, or you can email email@example.com with a picture of your completed scavenger hunt guide. Don’t have a guide yet? Don’t worry – you can print one by clicking on the photo below:
Most of the scavenger hunt is explained in the guide. If you have a few more questions, here are some FAQ:
- Where should I park for check-in and check-out?
- Please park at the Vaughters’ Farm Trailhead at 3366 Klondike Rd. Take the sidewalk behind the kiosk to the small stone house. If we’re not outside, please knock on the door (look for the Junior Ranger Day sign).
- What happens at check-in?
- You’ll pick up your Scavenger Hunt Guide and a prize pack if you were one of the first 50 to register.
- What happens at check-out?
- You’ll turn in your clues, receive your Junior Ranger Badge (and other goodies), and take the Junior Ranger Pledge.
- Can I self-print the guide and just do check-out?
- What if I complete the challenge, but can’t get to check-out to take the pledge and get my badge?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll figure out a way to get your badge to you.
- Can I complete the Scavenger Hunt at my own pace over the next week?
- You sure can. Take your time, but please complete by May 2nd.
- How long will it take?
- Plan on spending at least two hours adventuring through the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area while you answer clues.
- How many miles will we walk?
- About 3.5 miles total spread out over five locations.
- Can I walk from one clue to the next?
- You will need to drive to each location.
- Where are the restrooms?
- Restrooms are available at Vaughters’ Farm, the Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve, and the Monastery of the Holy Spirit (restrooms are located near the Abbey Church in the old bakery building).
- Where can I have a picnic?
- There’s a great picnic spot along the Vaughters’ Farm Meadow Loop trail (details are in the guide). There are also picnic tables by the Nature Center at the Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve and a great lawn at the Monastery for a picnic (don’t forget your blanket).
- Is it tick season yet?
- Unfortunately, yes. We recommend using insect repellent; wearing closed-toed shoes with long socks; and staying on the trail, avoiding tall grasses.