- This event has passed.
Monastery Fall Festival & Health Fair
October 5, 2013 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Love the changing leaves and cooler air? Then celebrate the season with these autumn-themed activities and surround yourself in the Monastery’s natural beauty.
This is a children friendly day of festivities for all ages that includes:
– Hay rides, pony rides, petting zoo, parrot production and other wildlife animals from AWARE Wildlife
– Face art, Cheerful fun arts and crafts.
– Marketplace, featuring vendors of Abbey Store products offering samples of their goods
– Organic farm produce to taste and sample
– Sample our monk-crafted food products from the monastery, including fruitcake, fudge and biscotti.
– Learn about the history of monasticism. Tours of the Gothic Abbey Church.
Explore our Monastic Heritage Center, featuring:
– Interactive Museum – Abbey Gift Shop – Bonsai Garden – Café
– Bonsai Store and Bonsai Pottery Sales – Memorial Plaza and Prayer Walk.
Newly added features:
– Classic cars on display
– Lecture series (Presenters/Lectures/Schedule)
Surplus Books Sale
The monastery will be selling hundreds of surplus books that are duplicates or out-of-scope for our monastery library, including many unusual out-of-print titles and hard-to-find volumes. Early birds get to rummage through the vast collection and find choiced selections of some spiritual classics. Cash or checks only. Priced at $1.00 or free will offering for any book.
Explore the Monastery Trailhead, which is part of the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area.
You can explore the the beginnings of the completed scenic section of the AMHA path that starts at the monastery entrance. This is a welcome addition to what the monastery has to offer in sharing our vast greenspace and serene wooded landscape.
Fall festival activities and food concessions will offer variety of treats including hot dogs & hamburgers, Caribbean, Asian, African, and Mexican food!
THE HEALTH FAIR OFFERS FREE MEDICAL SCREENINGS:
Click here for THE HEALTH FAIR