The Arabia Mountain Heritage Area Alliance is pleased to offer a matching grant program to support other nonprofits and groups offering programming in the NHA. The grants favor innovative projects that promote the historic and natural value of the area and also have an economic impact. All projects must relate to one of the five themes outlined in the management plan which are:
- Culture & Community
- Natural Systems
- Granite & Technology
- Spiritual Landscape
- Early Settlement
A full copy of the Management Plan is available here.
The Alliance will issue grants on a rolling basis. Complete guidelines are available here. If you have any questions about eligibility for grants, contact the Executive Director at 404-998-8384 x8.
Previous grant recipients include:
- Wonderland Gardens: to support the development of an interpretive farm at the historic Lyon Farm, a Heritage Area gateway.
- Flat Rock Archive: to support the operation of this cultural resource and designated gateway.
- The South River Watershed Alliance to increase capacity.
- Arabia Mountain High School: to support studies of the environment, especially as they relate to the natural system of the Heritage Area and Arabia Mountain itself.
- The City of Lithonia: to support the “Blueprints for Successful Communities” planning process in partnership with the Georgia Conservancy.